Our Mission Statement
The Selkirk Medical Group has six family physicians and one midwife providing maternity care. We focus on family centered care and support mothers in their emotional and medical needs during this exciting time of life. We promote natural labor practices and support mothers and families during their prenatal, labor and post partum experiences. Our team is pleased to provide ongoing care to families as they grow and mature, moving through the stages and challenges of life. We believe that knowing the patient’s family adds a layer of richness to the therapeutic relationship and improves the quality of care we provide.
The Midwife-Family Physician Collaborative Maternity Care Model
- Family Doctors and Registered Midwives are experts in normal pregnancy and birth, breastfeeding, and newborn care
- Family Medicine is a holistic style of care that addresses medical, emotional, psychological, and spiritual needs
- Family doctors are unique in the broad range of knowledge and skills they bring to maternity care as a result of their experience providing comprehensive and continuous care throughout the life cycle
- Midwives provide a dedicated focus during pregnancy and up to 6 weeks post partum
- As a team we provide family-centered care, responding to the needs and wishes of individual women and their families
- Family Doctors and Registered Midwives have low rates of interventions in labour (ie. Emergency surgical or medical procedures during labour).
- Revelstoke maternity services include 24/7/365 availability of anaesthesia and surgery for procedures like epidurals and C-sections when needed.
Meet Our Team of Maternity Providers
How do I book an Appoinment?
Please book an appointment with your FP or RM Christman to discuss the maternity care options which best suit your needs. If you do not have a family doctor, our staff will be happy to book you with one of our maternity providers.